Sunday, June 20, 2004

Friday saw the end of an era - my first year of university ahhhhhhh. Jonny (My room mate) left and so did pretty much everyone else and I was a little bit lost. This drove me to remember what was said at the last cu meeting of the year about contentment from philipians 4v10-23. We are not content if we hold to (1)Material Things and if we rely on our satisfaction to come from (2)People or relationship. Everything we do must be done in God's strength if we are to be content in it. This is what Paul discovered.

This leads me back to the realisation Paul had in his letter 2 Corinthians 5:14-6:2. We now live for Christ, we no longer have a worldly perspective and we have a "ministry" to share that of a saviour that has reconciled men to God. Which we are "Ambassadors" of. This morning in church we looked at Revelation 2:1-7 just about how the church in Ephesus had lost its first love and I guess that is what I mean in my last post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home